How does the client
decide on a structure for the site?
Sit down at
a word processor or pad and jot down the answers to these questions
- What is the objective of your site?
- What information does the customer
need to know to make an informed purchase of your product or service?
- How can this information be presented
so it is easy to find and understand? This will determine the sequence and
content of the pages presented to the customer.
- Build a skeleton of the site in
Microsoft Word using the hyperlink facility to connect dummy pages
together to test the sequence. Save as each page selecting the "html"
- Get some friends to try out the
rough site and see whether the navigation and sequence of content is
smooth or confusing.
- Once the sequence and content have
been determined you can actually start inserting txt and images to the
- You can then publish the site and
refine it over time.